Photo Manipulation Assignment

 
The main concept I had planned for my photo manipulation was to make images that are normal, seem other-worldly. I mix photographs with illustrations I made on Adobe Illustrator. With an artificial bokeh effect in all the picture, my main tribute was to the photographer Brandon Woelfel and digital artist Sarah Shakeel, and the dreamy-ness of the images was a nod toward pictorialism era photographers who would scratch into the negatives to achieve a dreamy painting like look for their images.

My main focus for the first 3 images were pictures that I took of mushrooms growing in a pot of cacti at home and the last image is a compilation of images online along with a portal that I drew myself.







This image includes an illustration I made of a fairy sitting atop the mushroom, the background has a pink/yellow tinge to make the scene seem more dreamy.





In this image, the mushrooms have been masked with an image of a diamond, to make it appear that diamonds are spouting out from the top of the mushroom stalks.



The photo manipulation on this image is a lot more drastic, the thorns of the cactus are masked to look like diamonds, the background has been completely edited to make it seem like it is a galaxy and the mushrooms have illustrated vines and lanterns on them.


This last image is a compilation of a city background from the game CyberPunk2077, a stock image of a cowboy on a horse and a portal that I illustrated.



Comments

Popular Posts