Photo Assignment

                                                            Group Portrait: The Pack


As it was not specified, the portrait I ended up taking was in a group form. I found these boys trailing closely with each other, never straying too far. A form of a pack instinct where they end up staying together for security. I asked for consent from the boys after offering them a balloon and their only concern was whether I was affiliated with a news paper.

I added a grain to the picture and made it monochromatic because I was inspired by pictures of my elders who have passed on, their memory feels like it will forever be immortalized in those pictures, I wanted to do that for these children too, as if I am encapsulating them within time itself.

The picture features textures on the floor as well as an overall grain, repeated shapes can also be found in the form of the squares on the floor. the balloon floating above the child is also circular and draws the viewers attention. Leading lines are seen in the form of the stairs and streetlamps leading to the center of the image. The busy background does not obstruct the children and allows them to still stand out against it.

                                                          Group Portrait: The Pack (2)


The second picture is basically edited to highlight each of their trades, its a huge contrast to the initial monochromatic image. The first boy in yellow is shown holding his single roses, the second holding the car wiper, the third is selling flower bracelets.

Comments

Popular Posts